The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The Payroll Specialist performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities. This includes processing multi-state full cycle payrolls, inputting data into the timekeeping systems, processing on-demand check requests, and preparing EIBs. Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Knowledge of Workday, Kronos, and ADP software, a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all payroll data entry in a timely and accurate manner.
Reviews and imports employee’s timecards into the Workday payroll system from timekeeping systems such as Kronos or other timekeeping systems.
Verifies gross to net figures for accuracy.
Ensures all approvals are received timely prior to processing and completing payroll.
Reviews payroll documentation for accuracy through audit reports and makes any necessary adjustments.
Load EIB’s into Workday HRIS system.
Communicates with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes.
Processes special payrolls including the annual bonus and year-end adjustment payrolls.
Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO, banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes.
Ensure that computing, withholding, deductions and balancing are done correctly.
Knowledge of wage and hour laws.
Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
Assigned additional projects as needed.
Responsible for responding to any employee tax related questions.
Responsible for reconciling payroll tax liabilities.
Works closely with accounting on any payroll allocation updates as needed or other payroll related questions.
Creates payroll-funding reports for treasury.
Works closely with 3rd party to ensure timely payroll settlements
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of payroll experience required.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Should be comfortable with computer applications in general
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of Workday and Kronos a plus.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent training and education.
- CPP designation preferred.