Residential Department Contract Coordinator
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play an integral role in our organization to provide support directly for the Vice President, Master Planned Communities (MPC). Our ideal candidate will be able to think and plan ahead, be a self-starter, work well across multiple functions & regions, manage time effectively, and most importantly be the welcoming face to all vendors and personnel.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the successful management of the lot contract process:
- Work closely with the Vice President, MPC Residential, legal team and builders in the contract revision process to achieve final form.
- Assist in the preparation of all lot sales contracts for custom and production builders and distribution to builders for approval. Coordinate routing for appropriate signatures, ensuring earnest money checks/wires are delivered to Treasury Department for processing and distribution of executed contracts to builders and title companies.
- Coordinate with internal support organizations including Engineering, Planning, Accounting, Property Records, Legal and Management Company for processing of documents pertinent to the sale of property to third party homebuilding companies or individuals.
- Manage compiling and distribution of all due diligence items party to the contract (plats, development criteria, construction documents, address plats and address listings, geotechnical reports, fault studies, etc.) to builders using Dropbox or Dragonfly (Sharepoint)
- Work with accounting to confirm receipt of required earnest money
- Responsible for entry of all plat data in lot inventory system (JD Edwards) and distribution of data to required parties
- Assist in the development and distribution of the Residential Development Criteria documents to appropriate builders, township, etc., and maintain files for all sections.
- Process and file of certificate of insurance for builders. Must also interface with corporate Risk Manager to ensure builder compliance with insurance requirements prior to temporary lease agreement and contract execution.
- Maintain file system for all residential communities (plat files) and builders (contract and correspondence files).
- Responsible for set-up of all builder meetings for the Vice President, MPC Residential and other Residential team members as directed.
- Perform administrative roles for Vice President, MPC Residential.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with front desk. Act as backup for receptionist duties one day each week for two (2) 15-minute breaks and the lunch hour.
- Assist in document retention and retrieval from archives for various parties.
- Responsible for responding to contacts or correspondence from prospective buyers with questions regarding new homes in The Woodlands.
- Assist marketing effort to include updating the map to model homes, handling signage updates and processing invoices, and attending marketing team meetings.
- Assist in mailing out tax documents to builders per instructions from the Tax Analyst.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President, Planning and Design (process expense reports, book travel arrangements, process work orders and invoices)
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, One Note, etc)
- A motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules
- Possess excellent customer service skills and a “can do” attitude
- Proactive, resourceful and professional at all times
- Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Associates Degree or two (2) years in related field preferred.