The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
We are looking for a talented HR Manager to join our team at The Howard Hughes Corp in the New York office. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. In addition, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play an integral role in our HR organization to provide support directly to the SVP Human Resources and regional NYC business leaders to effectively implement human resources (HR) initiatives, policies and procedures, including compliance, employee onboarding and exiting, performance management, training, compensation, affirmative action planning and employee safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct responsibility for managing several HR functions including employee relations, benefits administration, performance, compensation, training, equal employment/affirmative action, records administration, safety and other employee services.
- Provides employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling.
- Develops and conducts training for management and employees on a variety of issues including, but not limited to, performance management, diversity, etc.
- Assists management in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of HR programs.
- Studies feedback and develops strategies that balance the needs of employees and management with relation to employee services and policy alignment.
- Direct oversight over all administrative assistants and serves as the de facto Office Manager.
- Responsible for partnering with clients and management on decisions relating to benefits administration, training, performance evaluations, compensation and terminations.
- Maintain WORKDAY data integrity and work with members of the HR team to enter and process data updates via both electronic and paper processes. Support local management with data inquiries and reporting needs.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5-10 years of HR Generalist experience - broad experience across all areas of HR.
- Experience managing in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, and highly complex environment.
- Experienced working within a Shared Services environment.
- High level of organization skills working with large volumes of information.
- Experience with advanced Excel pivot tables, and HR reporting capabilities
- Knowledgeable with Workday, Ultipro or similar HR systems.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Resourceful and able to work efficiently even if given very little direction and information.
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions and willing to ask if unsure.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Strong Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude and pro-active.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related field.
- PHR certification is a plus.