Sr. Helpdesk & Systems Engineer
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
Support Desktop users, IT servers, network, A/V and enterprise software infrastructure for Howard Hughes Corporation locations at the office in NYC. Support Microsoft systems infrastructure for a total of 50 plus dispersed end users and executives in five locations. Coordinate with IT leaders and internal staff personnel that are located at different Howard Hughes (HHC) offices across the US to optimally service both local and remote office locations. Ensure “customer first” philosophy is observed through great service and support.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Desktop / User Support – Primarily responsible for supporting the user community with day-to-day issues such as Microsoft Office support, network access, printing issues and any other helpdesk items for all NYC properties.
- Mac and Mac OSX support-responsible for day-to-day support of user needs on Mac platform
- Provide access to contractors and guests to the guest wireless network.
- Project Support – Responsible for working on a majority of the end user hardware deployment including PCs, desk phones, cell phones, printers, etc. Also, assist with supporting applications, along with other team members such as Jonas, GHIN and Club Essentials.
- PC and equipment disposal and storage – Responsible for storage of old equipment that has been retired due to age or catastrophic failure. Also, coordinate with our computer recycling firm to arrange for pickup and disposal of said equipment to ensure it is disposed of properly and in compliance with the law
- Backup Support – Responsible for assisting with any other aspect of the network or systems when needed.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Familiarity with Apples’ MAC OSx platform
Solid knowledge of Windows 7 platform
Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.