Senior Business Intelligence Developer
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The individual in this role must be a Senior BI professional who can help expand and maintain the reach of our reporting platform solution. The position requires a broad range of skills and the ability to wear many different hats including leading business-facing interactions; developing business, technical, and data expertise around Howard Hughes’ systems; designing and developing end-to-end business intelligence solution components; and maintaining the solution in production environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead hands-on design, development and execution of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
- Implementation of enterprise BI, analytics and performance management solutions in a complex enterprise environment.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to identify key business requirements to enable enterprise BI/Performance Management strategy.
- Responsible for designing, configuring and deploying BI/Performance Management application user functionality using the Microsoft SQL Server BI technology stack.
- Responsible for data architecture and data integration with dimensional data modeling, data sourcing / mapping, and data flow within the implemented solution.
- Partner with business team members and document requirement specifications and determine necessary ETL solutions
- Conduct project planning and work estimates.
- Responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the Microsoft SQL Server BI platform.
- Define and ensure adherence to architecture standards, reference models, clean coding standards and processes.
- Provide technical direction and work with 3rd party vendors to define and deliver BI applications.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience in planning and delivering enterprise wide ETL (preferably SSIS) and data warehouse solutions using proven delivery methodology, frameworks and best practices.
- Eight plus years competency with Microsoft BI technology stack.
- Expert knowledge with multiple successful implementations of Microsoft BI solution.
- Working knowledge and experiences in data design / dimensional data modeling.
- Working knowledge and experiences in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server development tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP source systems, including Oracle JD Edwards preferred.
- Working knowledge of Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Customer service focused and ability to work effectively within multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Willingness and ability to pursue information with outside departments and third parties.
- Ability to document conclusions in a concise manner and ability to communicate technical issues clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in computer science, information technology, or other related field or equivalent experience required.
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possess a capacity and passion for cross-functional learning, experimentation, and innovation.
- Experienced in working across functions and work groups as needed so the company and department can achieve or exceeds its overall business objectives.
- Experience with commercial real estate preferred.