The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play an integral role in our Treasury organization to provide support directly for the Chief Administrative Office and partnering with functional groups and business partners to implement key programs & projects. Our ideal candidate will be able to think and plan ahead, work well across multiple functions & regions, and manage time effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- E-mail Organization for Chief Administrative Office. This includes sorting through e-mails; distributing e-mails to different people/locations if necessary; checking with CAO to determine if and/or what kind of response is necessary to e-mails, meeting requests, social events, etc.; drafting responses for CAO review and all other activities related to organizing and responding to e-mails.
- Calendar organization. This includes keeping track of meetings, appointments, conference calls, social engagements, etc. and ensuring that the CAO is aware of their scheduled obligations on a daily basis.
- Assist in reconciling the CAO’s corporate credit card on a monthly basis. This includes obtaining the required receipts and other back-up documentation, preparing an expense report and ensuring the expense report is processed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the CAO’s travel detail coordination. This includes working with designated travel agent, flight management group, coordinating hotel accommodations and ground transportation as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage department calendar
- Sort/coordinate vendor calls.
- Participate in meetings as requested; prepare and distribute notes if necessary.
- Screen incoming phone calls as necessary.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years of experience supporting a C-level executive.
- High level of organization skills working with large volumes of information.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Be resourceful and able to work efficiently even if given very little direction and information.
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions and willing to ask if unsure.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude and pro-active.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Dress code is business professional.
- Typical office environment.