Financial Analyst, FP&A
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
We are looking for a talented Financial Analyst to be part of the newly established Financial Planning & Analysis group, a function within the overall Finance organization of the Company. This exciting role will be focused on several finance initiatives and will require a flexible candidate. The Financial Analyst will work with members across all business segments to understand and improve processes, business plans, and be able to speak to deviations from these plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with executive leaders to provide strategic financial insights.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and periodic re-forecasting process.
- Analyze budget and forecast variances to actual and review with management team.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and/or quarterly management reports.
- Establish and enforce processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of the financial planning process.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and modeling on property-level and company-level cash flows.
- Maintain and distribute long-term company projections for internal and external purposes.
- Assist in the research and implementation of future budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Prepare presentations for executive management and support other finance departments, as required.
- Work with cross-functional partners to provide ad hoc business-related analysis, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Financial Analyst.
- A minimum of 3 years of real estate finance experience.
- Must have the ability to create ad-hoc financial models and pro formas.
- Ability to prepare and analyze detailed financial statements and information.
- Experience working with senior management, C-level executives rating agencies, banks, and other external parties.
- Experience with J.D. Edwards, Argus and/or Hyperion a plus.
- Interact effectively as part of a team and build positive relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proactive, resourceful and professional at all times.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, dynamic setting with competing priorities and demanding project deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- MBA, CFA or Master’s Degree is preferred, but not required.