Director Residential Services
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The Director of Residential Services will ensure that all homeowner service requests are handled promptly, professionally, and efficiently, consistent with The Howard Hughes Corporation’s vision of delivering an exceptional experience of home ownership in Ward Village.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the warranty administration for all new homeowners at Ward Village.
- Ensure HHC’s Warranty Policies and Procedures are followed consistently.
- Oversee four to six Residential Service Managers to ensure homeowner satisfaction by completing warranty requests in a timely, professional and quality manner.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with condominium operator, contractors and HHC construction personnel to discuss construction related corrective measures and minimize impact to homeowners.
- Resolve construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements with homeowners.
- Directly supervise the work of outside consultants, 3rd party vendors, contractors and equipment suppliers as it relates to warranty issues.
- Participate in owner punchlist process and ensure HHC construction team/contractor complete all items. Walk with owner to sign-off each item and issue completion letter.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in residential or multifamily construction/property management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of home and construction systems and processes.
- Strong communication skills with both internal & external clients, and at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to initiate bid requests, vendor and contractor management.
- Solid time management skills with ability to prioritize, organize, and successfully balance multiple tasks and requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively as part of a team.
- Self-starter and ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong technical writing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to share information and documents that aid business leaders to effectively manage their respective businesses.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Lean-In” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bi-lingual in English and Japanese a plus