The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The Property Manager is responsible for the management of various office, retail and service center assets. All assets are located in the Woodlands, Texas.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project including lease administration, maintenance and repair, janitorial, security, engineering and life-safety.
- Work in tandem with the Property Management Department to ensure the condition of the building provides an inviting and relaxing work environment for tenants and guests.
- Prepare monthly management and financial reports.
- Responsible for annual budget preparation and year-end reconciliations.
- Review and approve all contract, expenditures, and purchase orders related to the property.
- Solicit bids from vendors for work performed in buildings and award contracts; maintain a working knowledge of all vendor contracts and ensure compliance with same.
- Coordinate and oversee all construction work to ensure any alterations are performed in accordance with building standards, applicable lease provisions and local code requirements.
- Establish and maintain a proactive tenant relations program.
- Support the leasing and marketing program for projects. Ensure positive relations with listing brokers and outside agents.
- Direct and monitor legal counsel'??s production of legal documents and other legal activities including litigation.
- Comply with operating policy consistent with the objectives of The Howard Hughes Corporation.
- Oversee accounting requirements of the properties and ensure that all reporting requirements are met on a timely and accurate basis.
- Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements, and coordinate all claims as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Five years of property management experience with demonstrated proactive leadership and management abilities.
- Experienced with tenant relations, property operations, monthly reporting, budgeting and contract administration.
- Strong understanding of institutional financial statements.
- Prior experience and/or utilization of real estate accounting software.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and work with little supervision.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "??Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proven business acumen combined with entrepreneurial spirit?.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Competent in accounting systems, JD Edwards experience preferred.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field preferred.
- CPM or RPA or candidacy in either program is a plus.
- Texas Real Estate Sales License.